Chocolate Brownie Cookies - Easy Homemade Heavenly Treat [RECIPE]
Aug 10, 2012 11:55 PM EDT | By Jenna Chou
Chocolate brownie cookies – the heavenly title says it all.
If you can’t decide whether to bake brownies or cookies, why not just go for both?
While taking the advantage of the best part of two most celebrated sweets, chocolate brownie cookies can be easily homemade.
The recipe below yields around 30 chocolate brownie cookies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
8 oz. chocolate, chopped (your choice of sweetness)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Like Us on Facebook
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Briefly whip the eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg becomes thick.
4. In a heavy saucepan ver low heat, melt butter and chocolate, while constantly stirring. Remove it from the heat, and gently stir in the ingredients in step 3. Add the flour mixture from step 2.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter rest for around 5 minutes, until it gets slightly thick.
7. Use a table spoon to scoop the batter, drop it onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough should be at least 1.5 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, until puffed and cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool down. Tastes best if the center of the cookies is still soft.
Substitute chocolate chips for equal amount of toasted nuts or dried fruits.
The year has had plenty of innovations under its belt. From the world of the culinary arts to the technological inventions, the innovative bug has bitten and bit hard. There are plenty of foods to look forward to on a restaurant menu. However, certain recipes and foods have cut a mark above the rest and are now causing whirlwinds and taste bud cravings across the globe. Today we will look at a few of these foods. Here are out top three:
National Coffee Day – Wonderful date for all the people who do not only like starting off their days with coffee, but can’t get enough and need a dose repeatedly. Today, Sept. 29th, the National and actually International coffee day, according to Days of The Year, takes place. So, to celebrate it, we enlisted some of the most important places where you can find a great deal of free coffee.
Mornings can be a drag. Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, doesn't do much to kick the body's reflexes into action. If the traditional cereals, fried eggs and bacon is not an ensemble that does it for you, you might want to consider this amazing recipe I guarantee you will fall in love with
America's top three soda makers have agreed to cut down soda calories by 20%. In an agreement signed by representatives of Coca cola, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc, the soft drink manufacturers declared they would be reducing the calories consumption of soda lovers across the United States by 20%.
If you’re visiting Japan at the moment and you’re already concerned with Halloween treats, there’s a great option for you: Japan’s gummy bug sweets.
Vagina Cookies – Sometimes a story is so good that it needs to be shared with the world. And sometimes that story is not only good but a real one and the quality becomes even better. What took place in a school is that a mother brought cookies to share with the children. They did have a particularity, though: they were vagina-shaped cookies.