Chocolate Brownie Cookies - Easy Homemade Heavenly Treat [RECIPE]
Aug 10, 2012 11:55 PM EDT | By Jenna Chou
Chocolate brownie cookies – the heavenly title says it all.
If you can’t decide whether to bake brownies or cookies, why not just go for both?
While taking the advantage of the best part of two most celebrated sweets, chocolate brownie cookies can be easily homemade.
Like Us on Facebook
The recipe below yields around 30 chocolate brownie cookies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
8 oz. chocolate, chopped (your choice of sweetness)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Briefly whip the eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg becomes thick.
4. In a heavy saucepan ver low heat, melt butter and chocolate, while constantly stirring. Remove it from the heat, and gently stir in the ingredients in step 3. Add the flour mixture from step 2.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter rest for around 5 minutes, until it gets slightly thick.
7. Use a table spoon to scoop the batter, drop it onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough should be at least 1.5 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, until puffed and cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool down. Tastes best if the center of the cookies is still soft.
Substitute chocolate chips for equal amount of toasted nuts or dried fruits.
Sugar-sweetened beverages were found to cause tooth decay and affects blood sugar.
Hoards of illegal Shark Fins had been impounded and destroyed by the Trading Standards in one of the most elite Chinese restaurant in London. Confiscation of the illegal shark fins comes after its restaurant manager admitted selling shark fins and other exotic dishes not indicated in its menu in January.
Robot Chef, the sophisticated invention of London-based Company, Moley Robotics has launched a sample robot that can literally make a total of 2,000 dishes. Robo Chef was unveiled this week during Hannover Messe trade fair that was held in Germany by demonstrating tasty crab bisque.
Just today, February 25, 2015, Yahoo! Food posts the secret weapon ingredients used by Star Chefs to achieve the most palatable dishes at home or in a restaurant. The said website revealed the top 10 magical ingredients that can turn home-cooked meals into top class restaurant tastes.
For those who love to have a nice glass of wine or beer during the weekends - which is just about everyone or almost -, there's a new way to keep the guessing out of the way you choose what to drink: the Next Glass app chooses drinks according to what you love!
U.S. Consumers, Ready To Accept Genetically Modified, Nanotech Products If It Is Healthy And Safe, New Survey Reveals
A national survey done by the North Carolina State University and the University of Minnesota representatives suggests that most U.S. consumers are ready to accept genetically modified and nanotech products if it is enhanced with nutrition and are safe.