Chocolate Brownie Cookies - Easy Homemade Heavenly Treat [RECIPE]
Aug 10, 2012 11:55 PM EDT | By Jenna Chou
Chocolate brownie cookies – the heavenly title says it all.
If you can’t decide whether to bake brownies or cookies, why not just go for both?
While taking the advantage of the best part of two most celebrated sweets, chocolate brownie cookies can be easily homemade.
The recipe below yields around 30 chocolate brownie cookies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
8 oz. chocolate, chopped (your choice of sweetness)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Briefly whip the eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg becomes thick.
4. In a heavy saucepan ver low heat, melt butter and chocolate, while constantly stirring. Remove it from the heat, and gently stir in the ingredients in step 3. Add the flour mixture from step 2.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter rest for around 5 minutes, until it gets slightly thick.
7. Use a table spoon to scoop the batter, drop it onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough should be at least 1.5 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, until puffed and cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool down. Tastes best if the center of the cookies is still soft.
Substitute chocolate chips for equal amount of toasted nuts or dried fruits.