Chocolate Brownie Cookies - Easy Homemade Heavenly Treat [RECIPE]
Aug 10, 2012 11:55 PM EDT | By Jenna Chou
Chocolate brownie cookies – the heavenly title says it all.
If you can’t decide whether to bake brownies or cookies, why not just go for both?
While taking the advantage of the best part of two most celebrated sweets, chocolate brownie cookies can be easily homemade.
Like Us on Facebook
The recipe below yields around 30 chocolate brownie cookies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
8 oz. chocolate, chopped (your choice of sweetness)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Briefly whip the eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg becomes thick.
4. In a heavy saucepan ver low heat, melt butter and chocolate, while constantly stirring. Remove it from the heat, and gently stir in the ingredients in step 3. Add the flour mixture from step 2.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter rest for around 5 minutes, until it gets slightly thick.
7. Use a table spoon to scoop the batter, drop it onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough should be at least 1.5 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, until puffed and cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool down. Tastes best if the center of the cookies is still soft.
Substitute chocolate chips for equal amount of toasted nuts or dried fruits.
New studies reveal the real importance of soil biodiversity to crop yields.
Taco Bell Menu Gets Absurd With ‘Naked Crispy Chicken’ Taco, Tortilla’s Made From Fried Chicken Flatbread! [PHOTO]
Over the past few months, it seems like the Taco Bell menu has fully embraced the fast food chain's reputation for being the ultimate food for the munchies, as they're expanding on increasingly odder items - now including a taco that, instead of a tortilla, actually uses fried chicken!
In a recent survey, it was found out that more and more men with breast cancer are opting to remove both breasts, despite having only one breast affected by the disease. As reported in NBC News, proponents of the study found out about this startling news despite evidence that removal surgery doesn't help women with the disease to live longer.
It is a well-known fact that fast food isn’t healthy, but every parent also knows that fast food meals cannot be avoided and will not be turned down by most, if not all kids, especially those which include toys. Because of this, a New York City council member proposed the "Healthy Happy Meals" bill based on a California ordinance with similar aims.
KitKat Recipe: Nestle Announces Japan’s Favorite Chocolate Will Only Use Ethically Responsible Cocoa, No Child Labor Involved
In the first move towards a more ethically aware chocolate industry in what has been considered a major cocoa crisis on Earth, the KitKat recipe is now officially changing its cocoa supplies, promising to phase out chocolate coming from child labor by 2016.
A new artificial sweetener was created which is twice as sweet than the regular sugar and can reduce your sugar consumption.