Chocolate Brownie Cookies - Easy Homemade Heavenly Treat [RECIPE]
Aug 10, 2012 11:55 PM EDT | By Jenna Chou
Chocolate brownie cookies – the heavenly title says it all.
If you can’t decide whether to bake brownies or cookies, why not just go for both?
While taking the advantage of the best part of two most celebrated sweets, chocolate brownie cookies can be easily homemade.
Like Us on Facebook
The recipe below yields around 30 chocolate brownie cookies.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
8 oz. chocolate, chopped (your choice of sweetness)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flower, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Briefly whip the eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla extract. Beat until the egg becomes thick.
4. In a heavy saucepan ver low heat, melt butter and chocolate, while constantly stirring. Remove it from the heat, and gently stir in the ingredients in step 3. Add the flour mixture from step 2.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the batter rest for around 5 minutes, until it gets slightly thick.
7. Use a table spoon to scoop the batter, drop it onto the prepared baking sheets. The dough should be at least 1.5 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, until puffed and cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool down. Tastes best if the center of the cookies is still soft.
Substitute chocolate chips for equal amount of toasted nuts or dried fruits.
SPAM ditched the can.
New York City's 16th Street will no longer be the same as the influential Union Square Cafe begins its closing ceremony. This restaurant was a favourite of New York's publishing world for 30 years and in no small part contributed to the Union Square area's rejuvenation. With the cafe's creation in 1985, the Square saw the opening of movie theatres, gyms, a playground and Whole Foods. It was also the inspiration for the award-winning Union Square Cookbook and the highly successful Second Helpings from Union Square Cafe, both by respected restaurateur, author and Union Square Cafe owner Danny Meyer.
Here's two of the most wonderful and weird food fusion you'll ever hear and taste.
Japan is slowly making sci-fi future a reality; from underwear vending machines to cuddle safes. From the most absurd inventions to the most high-tech ones, Japan never fails to fascinate the rest of the world. However this recent invention will not only bring fascination but also admiration from the whole world. Japan has now created a farm operated by robots. Yes, it's a farmer-free farm.
It's been a little over a year since the tech giant officially announced Apple Pay as a new way of paying through mobile devices, and now it's starting to really kick off as more and more of the biggest companies in the U.S. start accepting it in their stores - such as the new Starbucks Apple Pay availability!
A chocolate prototype was invented which can actually be used as medication.