Recipe: How To Make Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
Aug 17, 2012 07:47 PM EDT
1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups heavy cream, divided
1 cup whole milk
Pinch of salt
1 whole vanilla bean
6 egg yolks
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
Like Us on Facebook
1. In a food processor, place the strawberries, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and the lemon juice and pulse 2 to 3 times, gently mixing after each pulse. Transfer the strawberry mixture to a container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Warm 1 cup of the cream, the milk, the remaining 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and the salt in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. When the cream mixture is warmed through and the sugar is dissolved, add the vanilla bean, cover and remove from the heat. Let steep for 30 minutes.
3. Pour the remaining 1 cup heavy cream in a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
4. Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat, scraping the bottom with a spatula as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula. Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream, then stir in the vanilla extract. Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator and add it to the cream mixture, stirring to fully combine. Set the bowl in an ice bath and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Once cool, cover and place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
5. Once the mixture is sufficiently chilled, remove the vanilla bean and churn the ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
The Seattle-based company has prided itself on being "hip" over its decades of business and massive worldwide expansion, and that has long included its ambiance through music - now, only a couple of months after making the announcement they'd be leaving CDs behind in their stores, Spotify and Starbucks are now teaming up!
Gin And Tonic Ice Cream Is HERE: Sipsmith Distillery And Jude’s Ice Cream Make Summery Cocktail Dessert!
While the United States is going through a health crisis due to the listeria outbreak in the past few weeks (which has mostly kept longtime ice cream makers Blue Bell in the country’s headlines), the United Kingdom sets itself up for the summer … with gin and tonic ice cream!
Do you wonder why some people stink? What you eat can directly affect on how you smell. Watch out for these foods that can make you smell bad.
The fight against the obesity epidemic is real, and there are a few countries in particular (notably the United States, the United Kingdom and Mexico) where statistics of people suffering this disease have turned it into a major public health concern - which is precisely the logic behind the new electronic diet pill.
As concern over the damage humankind is doing to the environment grows, more and more companies and individuals try to find new ways to make their habits more in tune with the planet for a sustainable way to live - and now, that includes the new recyclable wine cork.
Just today, February 25, 2015, Yahoo! Food posts the secret weapon ingredients used by Star Chefs to achieve the most palatable dishes at home or in a restaurant. The said website revealed the top 10 magical ingredients that can turn home-cooked meals into top class restaurant tastes.