Recipe: Crispy and Creamy Fried Ravioli
Sep 07, 2012 01:49 PM EDT
Fried ravioli is a popular appetizer in St. Louis, Missouri. It is very crispy on the outside, but creamy with molten cheese inside. Try serving these crispy treats as appetizers or snacks with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
30 cheese ravioli
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar marinara sauce
1. In a large frying pan, pour olive oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium heat to 325 F.
2. While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate bowls.
3. Dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat well. Remove the excess. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs.
4. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
5. Fry the ravioli until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the ravioli and serve warm with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
Like Us on Facebook
Shares of Zoe's Kitchen Inc
As an effort to expand its brand, Pizza Hut has opened its first location in Iraq.
McDonald's is pulling out of Crimea. It turns out that the fast food chain has "temporarily" suspended operations at its restaurants as conflict heats up.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Need a way to improve your dining experience? Try the AROMAFORK.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.