Recipe: Crispy and Creamy Fried Ravioli
Sep 07, 2012 01:49 PM EDT
Fried ravioli is a popular appetizer in St. Louis, Missouri. It is very crispy on the outside, but creamy with molten cheese inside. Try serving these crispy treats as appetizers or snacks with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
30 cheese ravioli
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar marinara sauce
1. In a large frying pan, pour olive oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium heat to 325 F.
2. While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate bowls.
3. Dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat well. Remove the excess. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs.
4. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
5. Fry the ravioli until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the ravioli and serve warm with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
Like Us on Facebook
Feeling stressed could lead to increased weight again, according to a new study.
A new study says that suggesting a "spoonful" of medicine can lead to potentially dangerous doses and it can be a big medical error. Instead, parents are encouraged to use droppers and syringes which measure in milliliters or ounces when giving liquid medicines , according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
Pizza Hut today will roll out nationally an almost-pizza-sized chocolate-chip cookie - eight inches in diameter and cut into eight slices.
Eleven people have been hospitalized following an E. coli outbreak which has been linked to burgers consumed in restaurants in four states, according to reports.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.