Recipe: Crispy and Creamy Fried Ravioli
Sep 07, 2012 01:49 PM EDT
Fried ravioli is a popular appetizer in St. Louis, Missouri. It is very crispy on the outside, but creamy with molten cheese inside. Try serving these crispy treats as appetizers or snacks with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
30 cheese ravioli
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar marinara sauce
1. In a large frying pan, pour olive oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium heat to 325 F.
2. While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate bowls.
3. Dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat well. Remove the excess. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs.
4. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
5. Fry the ravioli until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the ravioli and serve warm with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
Like Us on Facebook
After working for Pizza Hut for more than 10 years as a general manager, an Indiana man is claiming he was fired because he refuse to open the restaurant on Thanksgiving.
First it was Brazilian wandering spiders found on a bunch of bananas now it the venomous black spider found on grapes in several supermarkets across three states.
McDonald's is coming under fire for recommendations it reportedly offered its workers on an in-house, employees-only McResource Line website.
Cupcake Craze, a well-known shop in New York, stated that television shows such as Cupcake Wars have increased the company's sales. "The craze is definitely helping business. People love cupcakes. You give someone a cupcake and they smile", said owner Kevin Hughes.
NIAID is the lead Institute at the National Institutes of Health for research of food allergies. According to the institute's official website, they are committed to supporting efforts to help better understand, prevent, and manage this disorder that affects approximately 5 percent of children and 4 percent of adults in the United States.
Beginning next month, Wrigley gum is going to begin selling caffeinated gum. The company is well known for selling mints, gum, lollipops, hard and chewy candies. A couple of world known Wrigley brands include: Orbit, Doublemint, Skittles, Starburst and Altoids.