New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Sep 29, 2012 04:37 PM EDT
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
11. When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
Like Us on Facebook
Burger King Worldwide Inc (BKW.N) announced plans to buy Canadian coffee and doughnut chainTim Hortons Inc (THI.TO) for C$12.64 billion ($11.53 billion) in a cash-and-stock deal that would create the world's third-largest fast-food restaurant group.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc forecast a profit for the current quarter that fell short of analyst expectations after quarterly sales grew at their slowest pace in nearly five years.
At the University of California's prized winemaking institute near Sacramento, a sleek metal wine crusher on Thursday morning let out a deep rumble and began to shake, jostling grapes made sweeter by the state's ongoing drought into sticky juice.
Eleven people have been hospitalized following an E. coli outbreak which has been linked to burgers consumed in restaurants in four states, according to reports.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.