New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Sep 29, 2012 04:37 PM EDT
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
11. When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
Like Us on Facebook
The latest KFC Korea stunt is a sandwich with no bread, but rather fried chicken “buns,” with a bacon-topped beef patty, not for the faints of heart
Just as you read: you can now drink Girl Scout cookies! The Little Brownie Bakers (LBB) have teamed up with Nestle’s Nesquik for a new variety of drinks of Girl Scout cookies’ most famous flavors: Thin Mint and Caramel Coconut, available for a limited time for Cookie Monster types across America!
Paul Qui is definitely living the American dream. The Phillipines born chef based in Austin Texas was last night crowned Chef of the Year by Esquire magazine. The former Top Chef contestant and winner was lauded for his creative approach to cooking and his leadership skills in the kitchen.
A new study shows that enough Magnesium in your diet could save you from developing Diabetes. Magnesium is the fourth highest mineral in the body. This means, if you're not getting enough of it, you are exposing yourself to risk of getting type 2 Diabetes.
Lactose Intolerance is the inability of a person to digest lactose, the sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The digestive disorder happens due to lack of lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose.
Baked doughnuts are the best way to eat doughnuts, not fried. This way of preparing doughnuts satisfies your cravings, yet takes out the guilt-feeling of eating the usual fried doughnuts. It is quick and easy recipe as you can bake it in as fast 30 minutes.