New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Sep 29, 2012 04:37 PM EDT
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Like Us on Facebook
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
11. When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
Shake Shack Instagram 100 Times More Crowded Than McDonald’s, As Wall Street NYC Fast Casual Franchise
Last January, the fast-growing New York City-based fast casual franchise went public and made more money from the starting point that had been calculated, and they made news once again after it was found that some of the top managers were gathering part of the IPO revenue; now, a new study has found that Shake Shack’s Instagram page is way more popular than that of its competitors.
Earlier this week, Food World News reported that they’d be releasing an ice cream to honor the first anniversary of Jimmy Fallon’s hosting job in “The Tonight Show,” with a delicious flavor called “The Tonight Dough” – and now, the host himself shows his commitment to ice cream by serving it up to customers himself!
Are you food label addict? Wait until you read this. Not all you see in the food label means true. If a food you picked is labeled fat-free or all-natural, check the ingredients before you put that into your cart.
For those who love to have a nice glass of wine or beer during the weekends - which is just about everyone or almost -, there's a new way to keep the guessing out of the way you choose what to drink: the Next Glass app chooses drinks according to what you love!
U.S. Consumers, Ready To Accept Genetically Modified, Nanotech Products If It Is Healthy And Safe, New Survey Reveals
A national survey done by the North Carolina State University and the University of Minnesota representatives suggests that most U.S. consumers are ready to accept genetically modified and nanotech products if it is enhanced with nutrition and are safe.
Starbucks Wireless Chargers – Starbucks announced that from Tuesday, there would be 200 stores in the San Francisco Bay Area which count with wireless charging spots.