New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Sep 29, 2012 04:37 PM EDT
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
11. When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
Like Us on Facebook
A medieval town in Belgium has gained international fame for being the coolest city to live in. the Belgian city is constructing a beer pipeline to help get the local's get their favorite tipple much faster.
National Coffee Day – Wonderful date for all the people who do not only like starting off their days with coffee, but can’t get enough and need a dose repeatedly. Today, Sept. 29th, the National and actually International coffee day, according to Days of The Year, takes place. So, to celebrate it, we enlisted some of the most important places where you can find a great deal of free coffee.
The year has had plenty of innovations under its belt. From the world of the culinary arts to the technological inventions, the innovative bug has bitten and bit hard. There are plenty of foods to look forward to on a restaurant menu. However, certain recipes and foods have cut a mark above the rest and are now causing whirlwinds and taste bud cravings across the globe. Today we will look at a few of these foods. Here are out top three:
America's top three soda makers have agreed to cut down soda calories by 20%. In an agreement signed by representatives of Coca cola, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc, the soft drink manufacturers declared they would be reducing the calories consumption of soda lovers across the United States by 20%.
If you’re visiting Japan at the moment and you’re already concerned with Halloween treats, there’s a great option for you: Japan’s gummy bug sweets.
Vagina Cookies – Sometimes a story is so good that it needs to be shared with the world. And sometimes that story is not only good but a real one and the quality becomes even better. What took place in a school is that a mother brought cookies to share with the children. They did have a particularity, though: they were vagina-shaped cookies.