New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Sep 29, 2012 04:37 PM EDT
3 tablespoons melted butter
18 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Like Us on Facebook
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
4. Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
5. Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
7. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
8. Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
9. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
10. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
11. When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
The Seattle-based company has prided itself on being "hip" over its decades of business and massive worldwide expansion, and that has long included its ambiance through music - now, only a couple of months after making the announcement they'd be leaving CDs behind in their stores, Spotify and Starbucks are now teaming up!
Gin And Tonic Ice Cream Is HERE: Sipsmith Distillery And Jude’s Ice Cream Make Summery Cocktail Dessert!
While the United States is going through a health crisis due to the listeria outbreak in the past few weeks (which has mostly kept longtime ice cream makers Blue Bell in the country’s headlines), the United Kingdom sets itself up for the summer … with gin and tonic ice cream!
Do you wonder why some people stink? What you eat can directly affect on how you smell. Watch out for these foods that can make you smell bad.
The fight against the obesity epidemic is real, and there are a few countries in particular (notably the United States, the United Kingdom and Mexico) where statistics of people suffering this disease have turned it into a major public health concern - which is precisely the logic behind the new electronic diet pill.
As concern over the damage humankind is doing to the environment grows, more and more companies and individuals try to find new ways to make their habits more in tune with the planet for a sustainable way to live - and now, that includes the new recyclable wine cork.
Just today, February 25, 2015, Yahoo! Food posts the secret weapon ingredients used by Star Chefs to achieve the most palatable dishes at home or in a restaurant. The said website revealed the top 10 magical ingredients that can turn home-cooked meals into top class restaurant tastes.