Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
Oct 03, 2012 05:02 PM EDT
16 ounces lasagna noodles
4 cups spaghetti sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 small zucchini, diced
2 tsp chopped oregano
2 tsp chopped basil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. In a large sauce pan, cook mushrooms, green peppers, and garlic in oil; set aside.
4. In large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
6. Arrange one layer of lasagna. Spread one-third cheese mixture over pasta. Add a layer of cooked vegetables.
7. Repeat layers, ending with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, if desired.
8. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes until top browns.
Like Us on Facebook
Drink Girl Scout Cookies? That’s Right! Nestle Teams Up With Girl Scouts For New Delicious Beverages!
Just as you read: you can now drink Girl Scout cookies! The Little Brownie Bakers (LBB) have teamed up with Nestle’s Nesquik for a new variety of drinks of Girl Scout cookies’ most famous flavors: Thin Mint and Caramel Coconut, available for a limited time for Cookie Monster types across America!
Paul Qui is definitely living the American dream. The Phillipines born chef based in Austin Texas was last night crowned Chef of the Year by Esquire magazine. The former Top Chef contestant and winner was lauded for his creative approach to cooking and his leadership skills in the kitchen.
Food distributor Sysco Corp's executives are in talks with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to salvage the company's attempt to buy its smaller rival US Foods Inc, the New York Post reported.
Lactose Intolerance is the inability of a person to digest lactose, the sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The digestive disorder happens due to lack of lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose.
Baked doughnuts are the best way to eat doughnuts, not fried. This way of preparing doughnuts satisfies your cravings, yet takes out the guilt-feeling of eating the usual fried doughnuts. It is quick and easy recipe as you can bake it in as fast 30 minutes.
Do you struggle to sleep for hours or do you wake up in the middle of the night and ends up wide awake until it's already time for you to get up?