Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
Oct 03, 2012 05:02 PM EDT
16 ounces lasagna noodles
4 cups spaghetti sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 small zucchini, diced
2 tsp chopped oregano
2 tsp chopped basil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. In a large sauce pan, cook mushrooms, green peppers, and garlic in oil; set aside.
4. In large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
6. Arrange one layer of lasagna. Spread one-third cheese mixture over pasta. Add a layer of cooked vegetables.
7. Repeat layers, ending with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, if desired.
8. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes until top browns.
Dark chocolate with olive oil associated with improved cardiovascular risk profile
Disease-resistant apples perform better than old favorites
New tool could help maintain quality during cheese production
A new app wants you to find your perfect match solely based on burrito preferences.
Feeling responsible for the planet, Pellegrini decided to make an app that could prevent leftover foods in eateries from making a trip to the landfill.
Cosmic mythologist and medical astrologist Laura Magdalene Eisenhower, posited that our diet as humans play an important role in attracting alien life into Earth.