Robust Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe: With Flavor of Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon
Nov 21, 2012 03:19 PM EST
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Zest the lemon. Slice remaining lemon into quarters and place to the side. With hand mixer combine butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped rosemary.
3. Take your hand and slide it between the skin and the meat on the breast, as well as loosening the 'pockets' between the leg and wing joints. Scoop some of the rosemary butter mixture onto your fingers and begin to stuff into the 'pockets' on the breast, leg, wings, etc. (Save approximately 1/4 of the rosemary butter mixture and rub on the inside of the chicken.)
4. Season the cavity of the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Add the quartered lemon, rosemary sprigs and sliced garlic to the chicken cavity. Bind the legs with culinary twine and tuck the wings into the leg joints to secure.
5. Place the chicken breast up onto the roasting rack and into the oven. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove the 'stuffing', carve and serve.
Like Us on Facebook
The country's largest retailer pleaded guilty to six counts of violating the Clean water Act. The retailer was found guilty and fined over 110 million dollars for the illegal disposing of fertilizer , bleach and pesticide compounds into the sewer system, among other environmental violations.
A lot of information on the sugar and calories contained in alcohol is hidden behind fancy advertising, eye catching labels and deceptive tag lines such as 'lite' or 'diet.' Alcohol offers plenty of fun and plenty more calories. Here area few facts I bet you did not know.
Watermelons are a national summer treasure. These luscious fruits are as eye catching with their rich red color as they are as tasty. Watermelon enthusiasts around the globe have discovered multiple benefits this fruity piece of heaven has to offer. Aside from being tasty, watermelons offer plenty of other health benefits you are probably not aware of. Here are six reasons you should indulge in a watermelon fetish.
Albert S. Hall School in Waterville, Maine had its fifth grade project attacked when the children’s growing onions were robbed right at the time of harvesting.
In today's world, milk comes in many different shapes and packages. From fat free milk to whole milk to 1%-2% fat milk to skimmed milk, we have it all. So how do fitness enthusiasts get the best deal out of their milk? How do you ensure you get all the nutrition from a glass of milk without all the unnecessary fat to bulge out your waistline despite endless painstaking crunches? Here is a list of the major milk types being produced in today's market.
Low-carb diets and low-fat diets have the same effects on patients who go through them, recent study released in The Journal for the American Medical Association suggests.