Robust Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe: With Flavor of Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon
Nov 21, 2012 03:19 PM EST
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Zest the lemon. Slice remaining lemon into quarters and place to the side. With hand mixer combine butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped rosemary.
3. Take your hand and slide it between the skin and the meat on the breast, as well as loosening the 'pockets' between the leg and wing joints. Scoop some of the rosemary butter mixture onto your fingers and begin to stuff into the 'pockets' on the breast, leg, wings, etc. (Save approximately 1/4 of the rosemary butter mixture and rub on the inside of the chicken.)
4. Season the cavity of the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Add the quartered lemon, rosemary sprigs and sliced garlic to the chicken cavity. Bind the legs with culinary twine and tuck the wings into the leg joints to secure.
5. Place the chicken breast up onto the roasting rack and into the oven. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove the 'stuffing', carve and serve.
Like Us on Facebook
To sell or spin off, that is the big question Darden Restaurants are asking themselves.
Whole Foods Market has announced plans to stop selling Chobani Greek yogurt by early 2014.
Starbucks is looking forward to a holly jolly, holiday season.
Cupcake Craze, a well-known shop in New York, stated that television shows such as Cupcake Wars have increased the company's sales. "The craze is definitely helping business. People love cupcakes. You give someone a cupcake and they smile", said owner Kevin Hughes.
NIAID is the lead Institute at the National Institutes of Health for research of food allergies. According to the institute's official website, they are committed to supporting efforts to help better understand, prevent, and manage this disorder that affects approximately 5 percent of children and 4 percent of adults in the United States.
Beginning next month, Wrigley gum is going to begin selling caffeinated gum. The company is well known for selling mints, gum, lollipops, hard and chewy candies. A couple of world known Wrigley brands include: Orbit, Doublemint, Skittles, Starburst and Altoids.