Robust Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe: With Flavor of Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon
Nov 21, 2012 03:19 PM EST
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Zest the lemon. Slice remaining lemon into quarters and place to the side. With hand mixer combine butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped rosemary.
3. Take your hand and slide it between the skin and the meat on the breast, as well as loosening the 'pockets' between the leg and wing joints. Scoop some of the rosemary butter mixture onto your fingers and begin to stuff into the 'pockets' on the breast, leg, wings, etc. (Save approximately 1/4 of the rosemary butter mixture and rub on the inside of the chicken.)
4. Season the cavity of the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Add the quartered lemon, rosemary sprigs and sliced garlic to the chicken cavity. Bind the legs with culinary twine and tuck the wings into the leg joints to secure.
5. Place the chicken breast up onto the roasting rack and into the oven. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove the 'stuffing', carve and serve.
Like Us on Facebook
The year has had plenty of innovations under its belt. From the world of the culinary arts to the technological inventions, the innovative bug has bitten and bit hard. There are plenty of foods to look forward to on a restaurant menu. However, certain recipes and foods have cut a mark above the rest and are now causing whirlwinds and taste bud cravings across the globe. Today we will look at a few of these foods. Here are out top three:
National Coffee Day – Wonderful date for all the people who do not only like starting off their days with coffee, but can’t get enough and need a dose repeatedly. Today, Sept. 29th, the National and actually International coffee day, according to Days of The Year, takes place. So, to celebrate it, we enlisted some of the most important places where you can find a great deal of free coffee.
Mornings can be a drag. Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, doesn't do much to kick the body's reflexes into action. If the traditional cereals, fried eggs and bacon is not an ensemble that does it for you, you might want to consider this amazing recipe I guarantee you will fall in love with
America's top three soda makers have agreed to cut down soda calories by 20%. In an agreement signed by representatives of Coca cola, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc, the soft drink manufacturers declared they would be reducing the calories consumption of soda lovers across the United States by 20%.
If you’re visiting Japan at the moment and you’re already concerned with Halloween treats, there’s a great option for you: Japan’s gummy bug sweets.
Vagina Cookies – Sometimes a story is so good that it needs to be shared with the world. And sometimes that story is not only good but a real one and the quality becomes even better. What took place in a school is that a mother brought cookies to share with the children. They did have a particularity, though: they were vagina-shaped cookies.