Robust Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe: With Flavor of Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon
Nov 21, 2012 03:19 PM EST
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Zest the lemon. Slice remaining lemon into quarters and place to the side. With hand mixer combine butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped rosemary.
3. Take your hand and slide it between the skin and the meat on the breast, as well as loosening the 'pockets' between the leg and wing joints. Scoop some of the rosemary butter mixture onto your fingers and begin to stuff into the 'pockets' on the breast, leg, wings, etc. (Save approximately 1/4 of the rosemary butter mixture and rub on the inside of the chicken.)
4. Season the cavity of the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Add the quartered lemon, rosemary sprigs and sliced garlic to the chicken cavity. Bind the legs with culinary twine and tuck the wings into the leg joints to secure.
5. Place the chicken breast up onto the roasting rack and into the oven. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove the 'stuffing', carve and serve.
Like Us on Facebook
Shares of Zoe's Kitchen Inc
As an effort to expand its brand, Pizza Hut has opened its first location in Iraq.
McDonald's is pulling out of Crimea. It turns out that the fast food chain has "temporarily" suspended operations at its restaurants as conflict heats up.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Need a way to improve your dining experience? Try the AROMAFORK.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.