Robust Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe: With Flavor of Rosemary, Garlic and Lemon
Nov 21, 2012 03:19 PM EST
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons minced garlic
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
5 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Zest the lemon. Slice remaining lemon into quarters and place to the side. With hand mixer combine butter, lemon zest, minced garlic and 1/4 cup chopped rosemary.
3. Take your hand and slide it between the skin and the meat on the breast, as well as loosening the 'pockets' between the leg and wing joints. Scoop some of the rosemary butter mixture onto your fingers and begin to stuff into the 'pockets' on the breast, leg, wings, etc. (Save approximately 1/4 of the rosemary butter mixture and rub on the inside of the chicken.)
4. Season the cavity of the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Add the quartered lemon, rosemary sprigs and sliced garlic to the chicken cavity. Bind the legs with culinary twine and tuck the wings into the leg joints to secure.
5. Place the chicken breast up onto the roasting rack and into the oven. Roast for approximately 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove the 'stuffing', carve and serve.
Like Us on Facebook
More teen girls are getting the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, which protects against cervical, anal and other cancers, but the numbers are still "unacceptably low", according to U.S. health officials.
Feeling stressed could lead to increased weight again, according to a new study.
A new study says that suggesting a "spoonful" of medicine can lead to potentially dangerous doses and it can be a big medical error. Instead, parents are encouraged to use droppers and syringes which measure in milliliters or ounces when giving liquid medicines , according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
Eleven people have been hospitalized following an E. coli outbreak which has been linked to burgers consumed in restaurants in four states, according to reports.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.