New Year’s Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Dec 28, 2012 06:14 PM EST
These Ooey-gooey rich and mouth-watering brownies with caramel topping and crunchy nuts will blow your mind. Make a batch for yourself and for your neighbors this holiday season and become a famed baker!
2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1 cup chopped nuts
14 ounces caramels
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Like Us on Facebook
1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cocoa powder, oil, eggs and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the powder mixture gradually into the large bowl; mix well.
3. Pour over chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of nuts. Whisk until well-blended.
4. Use a spatula to transfer two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat in a sauce pan until caramels are melted.
6. Evenly distribute over the baked brownie layer. Top with remaining nuts.
7. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer and swirl brownie batter with a knife.
8. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Enjoy warm or cold with a glass of milk.
Drink Girl Scout Cookies? That’s Right! Nestle Teams Up With Girl Scouts For New Delicious Beverages!
Just as you read: you can now drink Girl Scout cookies! The Little Brownie Bakers (LBB) have teamed up with Nestle’s Nesquik for a new variety of drinks of Girl Scout cookies’ most famous flavors: Thin Mint and Caramel Coconut, available for a limited time for Cookie Monster types across America!
Paul Qui is definitely living the American dream. The Phillipines born chef based in Austin Texas was last night crowned Chef of the Year by Esquire magazine. The former Top Chef contestant and winner was lauded for his creative approach to cooking and his leadership skills in the kitchen.
Food distributor Sysco Corp's executives are in talks with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to salvage the company's attempt to buy its smaller rival US Foods Inc, the New York Post reported.
Lactose Intolerance is the inability of a person to digest lactose, the sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The digestive disorder happens due to lack of lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose.
Baked doughnuts are the best way to eat doughnuts, not fried. This way of preparing doughnuts satisfies your cravings, yet takes out the guilt-feeling of eating the usual fried doughnuts. It is quick and easy recipe as you can bake it in as fast 30 minutes.
Do you struggle to sleep for hours or do you wake up in the middle of the night and ends up wide awake until it's already time for you to get up?