New Year’s Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Dec 28, 2012 06:14 PM EST
These Ooey-gooey rich and mouth-watering brownies with caramel topping and crunchy nuts will blow your mind. Make a batch for yourself and for your neighbors this holiday season and become a famed baker!
2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1 cup chopped nuts
14 ounces caramels
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Like Us on Facebook
1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cocoa powder, oil, eggs and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the powder mixture gradually into the large bowl; mix well.
3. Pour over chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of nuts. Whisk until well-blended.
4. Use a spatula to transfer two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat in a sauce pan until caramels are melted.
6. Evenly distribute over the baked brownie layer. Top with remaining nuts.
7. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer and swirl brownie batter with a knife.
8. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Enjoy warm or cold with a glass of milk.
More teen girls are getting the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, which protects against cervical, anal and other cancers, but the numbers are still "unacceptably low", according to U.S. health officials.
Feeling stressed could lead to increased weight again, according to a new study.
A new study says that suggesting a "spoonful" of medicine can lead to potentially dangerous doses and it can be a big medical error. Instead, parents are encouraged to use droppers and syringes which measure in milliliters or ounces when giving liquid medicines , according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
Eleven people have been hospitalized following an E. coli outbreak which has been linked to burgers consumed in restaurants in four states, according to reports.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.