New Year’s Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Dec 28, 2012 06:14 PM EST
These Ooey-gooey rich and mouth-watering brownies with caramel topping and crunchy nuts will blow your mind. Make a batch for yourself and for your neighbors this holiday season and become a famed baker!
Like Us on Facebook
2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
1 cup chopped nuts
14 ounces caramels
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, cocoa powder, oil, eggs and milk.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the powder mixture gradually into the large bowl; mix well.
3. Pour over chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of nuts. Whisk until well-blended.
4. Use a spatula to transfer two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat in a sauce pan until caramels are melted.
6. Evenly distribute over the baked brownie layer. Top with remaining nuts.
7. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer and swirl brownie batter with a knife.
8. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Enjoy warm or cold with a glass of milk.
Cucumber is not just a veg! Belonging in the Cucurbitaceae family, Cucumber can keep you hydrated with its nearly 95 percent water content just like watermelon. It's not only rich in water.It is also loaded with nutrients, vitamin B, K, copper, manganese, potassium and vitamin C.
D-I-Y salad dressing is a great way to replace the fattening salad dressing that could ruin your diet! Salads are good source of fiber, low-calorie food that provides great satiety and a good way to consume varieties of fruits and vegetables in a single dish.
Cheetos are among the most decadent junk food items in the market, as the Frito Lay product features different flavors such as their Crunch Jalapeño Cheese Flavors Snacks line or their Chile Limón one - now, for those with a taste for candy, the brand has released sweet Cheetos called "Sweetos."
For those who love to have a nice glass of wine or beer during the weekends - which is just about everyone or almost -, there's a new way to keep the guessing out of the way you choose what to drink: the Next Glass app chooses drinks according to what you love!
U.S. Consumers, Ready To Accept Genetically Modified, Nanotech Products If It Is Healthy And Safe, New Survey Reveals
A national survey done by the North Carolina State University and the University of Minnesota representatives suggests that most U.S. consumers are ready to accept genetically modified and nanotech products if it is enhanced with nutrition and are safe.
Starbucks Wireless Chargers – Starbucks announced that from Tuesday, there would be 200 stores in the San Francisco Bay Area which count with wireless charging spots.