Homemade Fast-Food Replacements: Quick and Easy Recipes
Everyone loves a good takeout from your favorite fast-food chains. And who doesn't, right? Even people who follow a diet plan can say that sometimes fast food is hard to resist. Fast food is also not delicious, but it is also convenient because you can choose to pick it up from the store or have it delivered to your doorstep.
If you want to save money from buying fast food and know how to work your way in the kitchen, you can make your version of fast food items. All you need is some ingredients, a step by step guide, and enough patience to finish the dish. In this article, we will show you some of the easiest fast food items that you can cook at home.
Chick-fil-A has got to be one of the most prized possessions of American fast food. Everyone would love to have their chicken sandwiches any day. Making their chicken sandwich is very simple. All you need to have is chicken breasts or fillet cuts, flour and bread crumbs for the chicken coating, burger buns, pickles, mayo, and mustard.
The chicken should be covered thoroughly with flour and bread crumbs and then deep fry in hot oil. Once the chicken is cooked, place it between your buns, add lettuce, mayo, and mustard, and your homemade Chick-Fil-A sandwich is done.
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 20 dill pickle slices
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners' sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with green leaf lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Taco Bell's Crunchwrap
If you're craving for Mexican fast food, you already know its Taco Bell that you should go to. The Taco Bell Crunchwrap is one of the most popular Taco Bell items, and many like it because it is as close to a sandwich as you can get and still be from Taco Bell. However, instead of using bread, you will use two soft tacos. Cemitas are easy to do and require only a few ingredients, including the soft tacos, guacamole, salsa, tomato, cilantro, chipotles, and cheese.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. nacho cheese sauce
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef and spices and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and wipe skillet clean.
- Stack 4 large flour tortillas and place a tostada shell in the center. Using a paring knife, trace around edges of shell to cut 4 smaller flour tortilla rounds.
- Build Crunchwraps: Add a scoop of ground beef to the center of remaining 4 large flour tortillas, leaving a generous border for folding. Drizzle cheese sauce over each, then place a tostada shell on top. Spread sour cream over each shell, then top with lettuce, tomato, and cheeses. Place smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top and tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats. Quickly invert Crunchwraps so pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add Crunchwrap seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden, 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining Crunchwraps.
One of the most go-to types of fast food is Chinese takeouts. Compared to other fast-food chains, Chinese restaurants and fast-food chains are healthier, because it contains a mix of meat and vegetables. You may also cook your Chinese dish, such as marinated beef with broccoli. This dish is very savory, and it is the perfect dinner meal to prepare for a weekend dinner. This dish has a sweet and savory flavor because of the garlic and ginger in the oyster sauce. It is delicious and very healthy for the whole family.
McDonald's Big Mac
Burgers are like the staple fast food item in America. There are about thousands of fast-food chains in the United States that serve burgers. Burgers are very easy to do; all you need is ground beef for your patties, your version of special sauce, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and sesame seed buns. You can make your own McDonald's Big Mac at home, and you can even make as much as you want. It is also cheaper to make burgers at home than buy one in fast-food chains.
Now that you have some ideas on how to make fast food items at home, what's your favorite one?
Big Yellow Box by Dickey's Barbecue Pit is convenient and compact and is ideal for small groups, for any occasion.
Get a free Domino's pizza, Karen!
London is now having its first-ever cheese conveyor belt restaurant, and it's going to be cheesy.
Sous Vide cooking has become a popular cooking technique in the last few years, with all the introduction of cooking shows to the mass media.
The Shake Shack app now offers direct delivery.
You can now order your favorite drinks and snacks from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf through their mobile app.