Feeling Fancy? Try This Perfect Filet Mignon Recipe With a Twist
Some meals are intimidating to execute, especially if you have an ingredient like Filet Mignon to work on.
The name itself suggests its need for a sophisticated cooking process. But if you are hoping to cook a steak, there are things you need to consider.
According to The Spruce Eats, the first step in cooking a steak is picking the right choice for you. Whether it is a steak or other food, choosing the right ingredient is the key to a heartful meal.
But what is Filet Mignon? Delishably describes fillet mignon as a cut from beef tenderloin, which is a part of the cow's short loin.
In the United States, Recipe Tips share that the fillet mignon is typically cut from the large end of the tenderloin between the mid-center and butt end of the tenderloin.
The cut meat has the best flavor when cooked with high heat methods like grilling, broiling, and cooked medium-rare.
Now to make you think that this meat should be cooked properly, My Chicago Steak notes that the price of this cut of meat pound ranges from 20 to 30 U.S. dollars.
Here is a way on how to grill the perfect fillet mignon with scotch butter, according to Men's Journal.
Read also: How to buy cheap beef cuts wisely
Perfectly Grilled Filet Mignon
With a 15-minute preparation time, this recipe will make you make the most of your purchased pricy cut of beef. Here are the ingredients.
- 2 fillet mignons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon salted butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of scotch
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Thaw the fillet mignon at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat both sides of the grill to high.
- Season the steak with Salt and Pepper before putting the cuts from the grill.
- Reduce the heat from high to medium-high, 7 minutes on each side to cook the steaks in a medium. If you wish to have your fillet mignon in medium-rare, grill each side for 6 minutes. Men's Journal reminds us that the meat can always be undercooked and then continue. A steak can never be brought back to a rarer state once it is on a flame.
- Top with butter for the final minute of grilling and rest for 10 minutes.
For the twist the, classic grilled fillet mignon is paired by Men's Journal with a Scotch Butter that can smother the luscious meat. Here is how you prepare it.
- Place the butter in the bowl.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, scotch, and parsley, then stir until well incorporated and smooth.
- Wrap the butter mixture utilizing a waxed paper then twist both ends refrigerate until cold, approximately two hours.
- The website adds that if the butter into 1/4 inch thick.
Cooking fillet mignon or preparing it can be intimidating, but with the proper guidance and sticking to a recipe like this, you can make the most out of your pricy beef cut.
Related article: The Rudiments of Excellent Steak Grilling