9 Ways to Naturally Maintain a Healthy Blood Pressure
Nov 18, 2015 10:10 AM EST | By A. M.
The ideal blood pressure level to avoid cardiovascular problems and stroke is anywhere below 120 over 80 (120/80) but not lower than 90 over 60 (90/60). High blood pressure is a leading risk factor for occurences of heart diseases and stroke. In Australia, stroke is among the highest causes of death. Even then, people are often unaware when their blood pressure pushes up to unhealthy levels.
Here are a few natural ways to stay within the safe zone:
1. The higher the weight the higher the blood pressure: Work at losing any extra pound. Added weight strains the heart and may lead to hypertension.
2. Regular exercise of the body gives the heart regular exercise, too. When the heart is strengthened it is more able to cope with slight fluctuations to the blood pressure level. Consistency is key against losing the benefits of any exercise.
3. Replace salt with herbs and spices whenever possible. The fluid that salt causes to be retained may increase blood volume and pressure in the arteries.
4. Include potassium-rich food sources in meals regularly. The potassium content in vegetables, fruits, lentils, fish, shellfish, nuts and seeds provide protection against any increase in blood pressure caused by salt intake.
5. Remember that nicotine overworks the heart by constricting blood vessels and releasing adrenaline. This release of adrenaline triggers the release of glucose in the blood and increased heart rate, respiration and blood pressure.
6. Take snoring seriously. Snoring may indicate the presence of obstructive sleep apnoea condition, which is linked to hypertension and high blood pressure, and even heart failure and stroke.
7. Lessen caffeine stimulation to protect against constriction of the blood vessels and increased blood pressure.
8. Allot sufficient time to de-stress and ensure an environment and a lifestyle that allows for good work-life balance.
- 8 Signs of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 'Complicated' Singer Avril Lavigne Mistaken to Have CFS, Clair Fabb's Battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Saffron Cure for Depression
- Highest Work-Life Balance: The 5 Best Countries Based on OECD 2015 Better Life Index
Food is always an excellent gift choice at Christmas. But how do you select which edibles to give your loved ones? Well, help is at hand. Take a look at the following food gift ideas so you can decide who should receive them.
Are you interested to keep food fresh longer? Different types of tricks and techniques used to preserve food for a long time and to extend the shelf life of food. One of the best recommended food preserves is a vacuum sealer which meets all the requirements of interested people and a perfect appliance you surely need.
Tired of the conventional three-course meals at wedding receptions? Want something different? Give the menu a twist with our trendy wedding food ideas.
Traveling to new cities is always an exciting adventure. One of the best ways to see a city and try local food is by visiting famous night markets. Night markets are always bustling and full of locals and foreigners trying the delights.
Bearing an excess of weight feels awkward, and it can likewise harm your health. As per the research of the CDC, obesity rates have soared in the United States in recent years. As of 2019, more than 33% of American grownups were viewed as obese, characterized as having a BMI of 30 or higher.
Grilling a steak to perfection is both a science and an art and there are many ways for this small miracle to horribly wrong, especially without some perspective and experience. But, by understanding the following 10 principles of perfecting the grilled steak, you too can be on the way to steak mastery.