Capri Sun News: Artificial Drink Company Launches USDA Certified Organic Juice Drink

Apr 07, 2016 05:24 AM EDT | By Shilpa Chakravorty

Kellogg Company To Buy Krafts Nabisco Fruit Snacks Manufacturing Facility
Kraft's Nabisco-brand Capri Sun Fruit Rolls are seen in a grocery store April 19, 2005 in Des Plaines, Illinois. Northfield, Illinois-based Kraft Foods has announced that it is selling its fruit snacks operation to the Kellogg Company for approximately $30 million. The sale includes a 300,000 square-foot Chicago manufacturing facility that makes Nabisco Nickelodeon Fruit Snacks, Jell-O Fruit Snacks, Capri Sun Juicers and Capri Sun Fruit Rolls. Battle Creek, Michigan-based Kellogg Company says it hopes to retain most of the 400 workers employed at this facility.
(Photo : Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Capri Sun, the refreshingly tasty yet classy fruit drink is now back in a new format, with organic ingredients.

Kraft Heinz, the parent company of the Capri Sun, has recently announced Capri Sun Organic, a new line of USDA-certified organic juices with no sugar added and more vitamin C. The new Capri Sun is also made with zero artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.

"Our consumers are at the center of everything we do and we know that while kids simply want things that taste good, parents want to feel good about what they're serving," said Dennis Wu, director, refreshment beverages, Kraft Heinz. "Capri Sun Organic strikes the perfect balance between these two needs, offering the same great taste as original Capri Sun, but with the organic ingredients we know are important to moms and dads."

The new organic version of Capri Sun, which comes in the flavor of fruit punch, tropical punch, apple, and grape, will still be made with 66 percent juice, leaving consumers to wonder what the other 34 percent comprises of, according to The Daily Meal.

Each of the flavors come with a different calorific value, but 0% fat, making the juices naturally healthy.

Notably, the announcement of the new organic version of Capri Sun comes just a couple of months after the company's announcement of juice formula simplification to five key ingredients of water, sugar, juice, citric acid and natural flavor.

The shift, however, is not a surprise as the food companies have undertaken similar steps last year as consumers called for greater transparency in the items.

Unilever, for example, managed to cut down the formula considerably for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter while the Hershey's announced that it would replace high-fructose corn syrup with sugar in a number of its products, and Kool-Aid recently introduced a low-sugar option. 

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

© 2015 Food World News. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Get the Most Popular Food Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
TrendingOn The Web
Food Biz
Chicago School Officials Address Junk Food

Latest Trend Show Soda Losing Its Appeal Fast

A recent Mintel study shows that a quarter of American no longer ordering soft drinks in restaurants compared to a year ago.

McDonald's Reports Record November Sales Up 14.9 Percent

Unusual McDonald's Outlet Offers No Seating For Patrons

A new McDonald's concept outlet has to dining area. Instead, it offers a 'walk up" window to serve customers on foot. Food from this particular McDonald's store are all ordered to go.

Stall Holders Brave The Extreme Cold To Sell Food On The Wintry Roads Of Siberia

Pineapple & Bubblegum Flavored Strawberries Launched in Australia

Raintree Nursery has launched pineberries (or pineapple flavored strawberries) and bubblegum flavored strawberries in Australia, which are absolutely "fabulous".

Food Tech
Mmm... breakfast burrito

Burrit-OH! App: True Love Might Just Come With An Extra Hot Sauce

A new app wants you to find your perfect match solely based on burrito preferences.

Shake Shack Raises Prices For Upcoming IPO

Environmentally Conscious Canadian Creates An App For Budget Foodies

Feeling responsible for the planet, Pellegrini decided to make an app that could prevent leftover foods in eateries from making a trip to the landfill.

Planet Mars Shows Signs Of Liquid Water

Vegan Diet Could Attract Alien Activity

Cosmic mythologist and medical astrologist Laura Magdalene Eisenhower, posited that our diet as humans play an important role in attracting alien life into Earth.

Real Time Analytics