Parmesan Crusted Chicken Picatta
Apr 02, 2012 05:30 PM EDT
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon (for juice)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the flour on a plate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
2. In another plate, place the Parmesan cheese.
3. Coat the chicken in this order: flour -> egg -> cheese. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Cook the angel hair pasta to al dente. Drain; reserve a ladleful of water.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
6. Cook the chicken, each side for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; keep it warm.
7. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and capers. Stir in white wine and parsley. Turn the heat to low; bring to a simmer.
8. Stir the chicken stock -> butter -> lemon juice into the sauce.
9. Spoon a little sauce over the chicken. Add the reserved pasta cooking water.
10. Stir in the pasta and toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the pasta with the chicken.
Like Us on Facebook
Shares of Zoe's Kitchen Inc
As an effort to expand its brand, Pizza Hut has opened its first location in Iraq.
McDonald's is pulling out of Crimea. It turns out that the fast food chain has "temporarily" suspended operations at its restaurants as conflict heats up.
Forget about talking the bill pill, a British ice cream maker has created a flavor that includes 25 mg of Viagra per scoop.
Need a way to improve your dining experience? Try the AROMAFORK.
Starbucks announced that it will improve its mobile application that will allow customers visiting its stores to tip their baristas from their iPhone.