Parmesan Crusted Chicken Picatta
Apr 02, 2012 05:30 PM EDT
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon (for juice)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Like Us on Facebook
1. Place the flour on a plate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
2. In another plate, place the Parmesan cheese.
3. Coat the chicken in this order: flour -> egg -> cheese. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Cook the angel hair pasta to al dente. Drain; reserve a ladleful of water.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
6. Cook the chicken, each side for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; keep it warm.
7. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and capers. Stir in white wine and parsley. Turn the heat to low; bring to a simmer.
8. Stir the chicken stock -> butter -> lemon juice into the sauce.
9. Spoon a little sauce over the chicken. Add the reserved pasta cooking water.
10. Stir in the pasta and toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the pasta with the chicken.
New studies reveal the real importance of soil biodiversity to crop yields.
Taco Bell Menu Gets Absurd With ‘Naked Crispy Chicken’ Taco, Tortilla’s Made From Fried Chicken Flatbread! [PHOTO]
Over the past few months, it seems like the Taco Bell menu has fully embraced the fast food chain's reputation for being the ultimate food for the munchies, as they're expanding on increasingly odder items - now including a taco that, instead of a tortilla, actually uses fried chicken!
In a recent survey, it was found out that more and more men with breast cancer are opting to remove both breasts, despite having only one breast affected by the disease. As reported in NBC News, proponents of the study found out about this startling news despite evidence that removal surgery doesn't help women with the disease to live longer.
It is a well-known fact that fast food isn’t healthy, but every parent also knows that fast food meals cannot be avoided and will not be turned down by most, if not all kids, especially those which include toys. Because of this, a New York City council member proposed the "Healthy Happy Meals" bill based on a California ordinance with similar aims.
KitKat Recipe: Nestle Announces Japan’s Favorite Chocolate Will Only Use Ethically Responsible Cocoa, No Child Labor Involved
In the first move towards a more ethically aware chocolate industry in what has been considered a major cocoa crisis on Earth, the KitKat recipe is now officially changing its cocoa supplies, promising to phase out chocolate coming from child labor by 2016.
A new artificial sweetener was created which is twice as sweet than the regular sugar and can reduce your sugar consumption.