Parmesan Crusted Chicken Picatta
Apr 02, 2012 05:30 PM EDT
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon (for juice)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the flour on a plate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
2. In another plate, place the Parmesan cheese.
3. Coat the chicken in this order: flour -> egg -> cheese. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Cook the angel hair pasta to al dente. Drain; reserve a ladleful of water.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
6. Cook the chicken, each side for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; keep it warm.
7. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and capers. Stir in white wine and parsley. Turn the heat to low; bring to a simmer.
8. Stir the chicken stock -> butter -> lemon juice into the sauce.
9. Spoon a little sauce over the chicken. Add the reserved pasta cooking water.
10. Stir in the pasta and toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the pasta with the chicken.
Like Us on Facebook
Growing concerns over income inequality may force McDonald's to raise its wages.
A food truck in Texas, known for serving up hot Korean food, has been blocked.
There's bad news for the burrito lover: Chipotle warned in its latest annual report that climate change might lead to guacamole being put on the chopping block at Chipotle stores.
There's a new, simple home system to make water into wine, all controlled by your phone.
Growing vegetables for space travel? A few blasts of space light could increase eyesight enhancing nutrients.
Clean drinking water is crucial for the health and wellbeing of people across the globe. Now, researchers have created a simple water filter that could revolutionize the way people can access clean drinking water.