Parmesan Crusted Chicken Picatta
Apr 02, 2012 05:30 PM EDT
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon (for juice)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Like Us on Facebook
1. Place the flour on a plate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
2. In another plate, place the Parmesan cheese.
3. Coat the chicken in this order: flour -> egg -> cheese. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Cook the angel hair pasta to al dente. Drain; reserve a ladleful of water.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
6. Cook the chicken, each side for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; keep it warm.
7. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and capers. Stir in white wine and parsley. Turn the heat to low; bring to a simmer.
8. Stir the chicken stock -> butter -> lemon juice into the sauce.
9. Spoon a little sauce over the chicken. Add the reserved pasta cooking water.
10. Stir in the pasta and toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the pasta with the chicken.
Hamburger joint Wayback Burgers is mixing things up by adding some protein to its milkshakes in the form of Slim Jims and crickets for the adventurous eater.
Polish ham were found to be repackaged into Italian ham in an underground laboratory in Villarica, close to Naples.
Chef Neil Perry will join Seven's new reality show 'Restaurant Revolution'
Advances in the field of Genomics are enabling doctors to easily control food poisoning outbreaks as reported by Will Ockenden yesterday through ABC News.
Chili's is definitely taking business to the next level through social media.
A fully automatic robotic harvesting system for broccoli, involving a 3D camera technology, is currently being developed at the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom.