Diners Covered In Maggots As They Fall From The Ceiling In Jamie Oliver's Restaurant
Jul 24, 2015 11:10 AM EDT | By Jackie Pasaol
Jamie Oliver is facing the worst Kitchen Nightmare in his life.
A 48-year-old man, who refused to be named was eating with a friend at Jamie's Italian branch in Norwich on Wednesday. But when they were halfway through finishing their sumptuous meal, the gross thing started to happen, insects were starting to fall out from the ceiling.
The diner explains, at 3 AM "We got a table by the window and the food was nice but when we were halfway through the meal, maggots started falling on my head."
While he presume that it's just insects falling from the roof, he just brushed it off from his head.
But as the so called insects starting to fall on the table, he realized the shocking truth.
"But then others fell onto the table. It was gross and we were shocked."
"It was like spaghetti, a salad for my friend and a side order of maggots."
"I called over a waitress and she said 'oh my god' then another landed whilst she was there and made her jump.
The diner then claims that the Manager came and spoke with them then the bill was waived.
"I was scratching my head for ages afterwards and I can't be 100 percent sure I didn't eat one."
The complainant already filed the incident to the environmental health and will be investigated by the food safety team.
In a statement released by the spokesperson for the restaurant.
"Earlier this week a single, isolated pest control incident occurred at our Norwich restaurant.
"The incident in question was dealt with immediately and is being fully investigated. At no point was the customer's food affected and there appears to be no evidence of a wider problem."
"All of our restaurants operate to a very high level of food safety and Jamie's Italian Norwich retains a 5 star Food Hygiene Rating (the highest) from the local Environmental Health Office."
"Issues such as this are extremely rare within the JO Restaurant Group and are always treated immediately."