10 Things You Must Know About Starbucks
May 22, 2018 08:14 PM EDT | By Staff Reporter
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks was established in Seattle, Washington in 1971. As of 2017, the company operates 26,696 locations globally.
Here are 10 things you must know about Starbucks.
1) Starbucks first became profitable in Seattle in the early 1980s.
2) Starbucks opened an average of two new locations daily between 1987 and 2007.
3) Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles.
4) Starbucks had 137,000 employees or "partners" as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
5) "Starbucks" refers to the first mate in that Herman Melville book you never quite finished in high school.
6) At the time of its initial public offering (IPO) on the stock market in June 1992, Starbucks had 140 outlets, with a revenue of US$73.5 million, up from US$1.3 million in 1987. The company's market value was US$271 million by this time.
7) The first Starbucks location outside North America opened in Tokyo, Japan, in 1996.
8) The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
9) There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
10) A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four more of caffeine in a Red Bull.
There are so many ways we can experience exposure to harmful poisons, and in many cases, we may not realize it's happening. From household cleaners and similar products to children's toys, there are often toxins and poisonous products and ingredients lurking in even the most unsuspecting of places.
All pro level athletes know about the dedication needed to not just accomplish their goals, but to achieve even bigger targets in their lives. It's also a commonly known fact that fitness and exercise alone cannot get them there. Putting the right food into their bodies is equally important.
Asian nourishment all in all is substantially more sound than Western cooking. With the absence of dairy fat and added substances, alongside an emphasis on zingy season and crisp fixings, it's anything but difficult to discover solid alternatives on any Asian-propelled menu.
Tired of the conventional three-course meals at wedding receptions? Want something different? Give the menu a twist with our trendy wedding food ideas.
The United Kingdom, which is considered one of the most interesting places in the world. Mainly due to the versatility of its existence and the Union of the countries involved in the empire.
Traveling to new cities is always an exciting adventure. One of the best ways to see a city and try local food is by visiting famous night markets. Night markets are always bustling and full of locals and foreigners trying the delights.