Judge Approves $350K Payout For Bindi Irwin's Win

Dec 10, 2015 10:14 PM EST | By abbie uychiat

Bindi Irwin went through a tough time as her pay from "Dancing with the Stars" was not released on time due to the court's orders. The 17 year old contestant made the headlines just last month after it was reported that she was being asked for a "minor's contract". As per the Celeb Dirty Laundry, Bindi's mother already signed the waiver, however,  the judge was still  asking for her father's approval .

It's already been a known fact that her father passed away back in 2006, as it was reported that the Crocodile Hunter was attacked by a stingray which cost him his life. This being said, judges may be unaware that her father was already deceased hence they withheld the release of her pay.

As per TMZ's report:

"Lawyers for the show submitted a minor's contract to an L.A. Superior Court judge ... it's required because Bindi is 17. Her mom Terri signed a form stating she gives up all rights to any money her daughter will make on the show. For some reason the judge wants the same release from Bindi's dad, the late Steve Irwin. The judge said without proof of Steve giving up his rights to Bindi's money, "the court is unable to find that it is in the best interest of the minor to be bound by the terms of the contract."

As for the latest update, People reported that the Judge finally approved to release Irwin's $350 thousand pay for winning Dancing with the Stars. Irwin was able to submit her father's proof of death which the judge required her to submit.

As per the TMZ website, Bindi will be paying two tax men from her earnings. Whatever is left however wouldn't go straight into her pockets as she decided to donate her earnings to charity.

© 2018 Food World News. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

Get the Most Popular Food Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
Real Time Analytics