10 Things You Must Know About Starbucks
May 22, 2018 08:14 PM EDT | By Staff Reporter
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks was established in Seattle, Washington in 1971. As of 2017, the company operates 26,696 locations globally.
Here are 10 things you must know about Starbucks.
1) Starbucks first became profitable in Seattle in the early 1980s.
2) Starbucks opened an average of two new locations daily between 1987 and 2007.
3) Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles.
4) Starbucks had 137,000 employees or "partners" as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
5) "Starbucks" refers to the first mate in that Herman Melville book you never quite finished in high school.
6) At the time of its initial public offering (IPO) on the stock market in June 1992, Starbucks had 140 outlets, with a revenue of US$73.5 million, up from US$1.3 million in 1987. The company's market value was US$271 million by this time.
7) The first Starbucks location outside North America opened in Tokyo, Japan, in 1996.
8) The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
9) There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
10) A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four more of caffeine in a Red Bull.
The perceived safety and quality of food imported from Europe into China provides commercial opportunities for European food producers, research has found.
Millions of people suffer from severe allergic reactions every year, with popular restaurants being a notable hotbed of potential contamination when it comes to what your food is getting mixed up with.
Philadelphia restaurants and restaurateurs have been racking up the national accolades in recent years, mainly for splashy destinations, such as Zahav and Vetri.
Trade could be key to balancing conservation of freshwater sources and food security