10 Things You Must Know About Starbucks
May 22, 2018 08:14 PM EDT | By Staff Reporter
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks was established in Seattle, Washington in 1971. As of 2017, the company operates 26,696 locations globally.
Here are 10 things you must know about Starbucks.
1) Starbucks first became profitable in Seattle in the early 1980s.
2) Starbucks opened an average of two new locations daily between 1987 and 2007.
3) Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles.
4) Starbucks had 137,000 employees or "partners" as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
5) "Starbucks" refers to the first mate in that Herman Melville book you never quite finished in high school.
6) At the time of its initial public offering (IPO) on the stock market in June 1992, Starbucks had 140 outlets, with a revenue of US$73.5 million, up from US$1.3 million in 1987. The company's market value was US$271 million by this time.
7) The first Starbucks location outside North America opened in Tokyo, Japan, in 1996.
8) The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
9) There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
10) A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four more of caffeine in a Red Bull.
It's absolutely and insanely expensive, so never mind. You would probably think like this when somebody invited you to spend a weekend in a wine region. Perhaps you presume that wines are expensive, so as its origin, right? That makes sense. But you, my friend, should know that there is a way to enjoy and explore the valley on a dime.
Cardamom is a spice made from the seed pods of a tropical plant related to ginger and is one of the world's most expensive spices. It is local to India and Sri Lanka but is now also harvested in Cambodia, Guatemala, Indonesia, Mexico, and Vietnam.
Knee injuries - They're a hazard of any sport that involves significant lateral stresses and football has plenty of those. Whether you're changing direction at speed, taking hits or delivering them, then there's a good chance you're going to tweak something (and let's hope that it's just been a tweak!).
Flowers are typically used for ornamental purposes. We cherish their beautiful blossoms or hypnotic scents. But many flowers are also edible and offer surprising health benefits.
There are so many ways we can experience exposure to harmful poisons, and in many cases, we may not realize it's happening. From household cleaners and similar products to children's toys, there are often toxins and poisonous products and ingredients lurking in even the most unsuspecting of places.
All pro level athletes know about the dedication needed to not just accomplish their goals, but to achieve even bigger targets in their lives. It's also a commonly known fact that fitness and exercise alone cannot get them there. Putting the right food into their bodies is equally important.