10 Things You Must Know About Starbucks
May 22, 2018 08:14 PM EDT | By Staff Reporter
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks was established in Seattle, Washington in 1971. As of 2017, the company operates 26,696 locations globally.
Here are 10 things you must know about Starbucks.
1) Starbucks first became profitable in Seattle in the early 1980s.
2) Starbucks opened an average of two new locations daily between 1987 and 2007.
3) Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles.
4) Starbucks had 137,000 employees or "partners" as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
5) "Starbucks" refers to the first mate in that Herman Melville book you never quite finished in high school.
6) At the time of its initial public offering (IPO) on the stock market in June 1992, Starbucks had 140 outlets, with a revenue of US$73.5 million, up from US$1.3 million in 1987. The company's market value was US$271 million by this time.
7) The first Starbucks location outside North America opened in Tokyo, Japan, in 1996.
8) The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
9) There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
10) A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four more of caffeine in a Red Bull.
Many college students are obese because of fast food consumption. This is a serious problem, which isn't as difficult as problems with learning. However, it's very difficult to refuse the consumption of fast food. A group of academic experts from a company CustomWritings (which offers professional essay writing services) offer 10 interesting facts related to this problem, which are very interesting.
Everyone wants to sleep well at night, but it seems that so few of us actually understand the correlation between what we eat and how we sleep. While we understand that getting a great night of sleep on a regular basis is essential for good health, it is another thing entirely to understand how we can actually get to that point.
We constantly hear how diet influences our health, after all, we know that eating too much of the wrong type of food can make you overweight and lead to you developing dangerous diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Selecting the right food is a great job which should be carefully done on one behalf of the health status.
Finding new restaurants to eat at while on vacation doesn't need to be a stressful experience. With a little research, making the most of your surroundings, and some help from the locals, you can have a culinary experience that enhances the whole trip.
It's absolutely and insanely expensive, so never mind. You would probably think like this when somebody invited you to spend a weekend in a wine region. Perhaps you presume that wines are expensive, so as its origin, right? That makes sense. But you, my friend, should know that there is a way to enjoy and explore the valley on a dime.